Blog about nails, manicures, nail polishes, stamping, etc., but also about other things that make my life rich

September 30, 2011

31 day challenge begining with Mavala Madrid

I runned into this post on Wacky Laki's blog and I really liked the idea. I usually come to my lacquer boxes and then spend half an hour just picking which mani to do next (not that it's a bad thing, it's sort of like meditation to me). This challenge tells me what to do next and it will be something different for me.

As the other bloggers, I tend to stretch 31 days into at least 93 days since I don't have time nor energy to paint my nails everyday. That wouldn't be a pleasure for me, as it is now, when I do my nails every three days and take a little time just for myself.

So, here's the challenge and the rules:



RULES:

  • Reblog this post if you’re gonna accept this challenge
  • One post per day
  • If you miss one, pick it up the next day
  • Post a picture of each mani
  • It would be nice if you listed/linked to what polishes you used
  • For the inspiration prompts, SHOW US YOUR INSPIRATION/SHARE LINKS
  • BE CREATIVE
  • TRY NEW THINGS
  • HAVE FUN!!!

Day 1.

Red polish.
Looks like it's gonna be the hardest thing for me, since I don't find red polishes attractive and I hardly own any. Not that I don't like them, it's just that 99% women have red polish wherever I go and it starts to bore me terribly.
So I went through my stuff and find this ancient polish my friend gave to me long time ago.

I expected it to be sticky, thick and too old to apply, but was I wrong.
This may be the ode to Mavala polishes, but I fell in love with this brand after just one perfectly smooth coat. Color was completely opaque after one coat and I can't remember when I applied some polish that easily.
After that I started to take interest for this brand and googled for swatches and I was very pleased with what I've seen.
Bottom line: I definitely want more Mavala polishes.
Altough they seem pretty expensive to me (5$ fo 4.5 ml?) the shades are amazing (new ones especially) and there's the dreamlike application. I like the bottle shape, too.








Do you own any Mavala polishes? Which shades do you like? And are they worth the money?
I love next shades: Bronze Green, Marron Glace and Cyclades Blue


Bye
Stickers

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm stretching mine out too, can't do daily nails. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like the challenge! I might as well start it :)

    I haven't heard of Mavala polishes, but that also seems pretty expensive. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own at least 30 Mavala polishes and around here they are $7 for the 5ml cute bottles!
    They all apply amazing and if you use the Colorfix topcoat it looks like you have gel nails and it lasts at least 10 days+

    ReplyDelete